Thursday 29 January 2009

Real estate agents don't eat cheese

Well I know strictly they do, but I needed an attention grabbing headline and I don't think "Walking the dog" does it for me, but that is today's subject. Exercise, not only does it keep you healthy it helps your mental state and what better exercise than walk a dog, over the hills and dales.....What do you mean you don't have a dog, surely not, well here's an idea, lots of your neighbours have dogs, why not offer to walk them?

We have a friend, retired, who does this for free, but many people would be willing to pay for it. Put a card up in your local shops, or join an agency like guardian angels or the mutley crew. Don't forget gumtree (see pet walkers and sitters.)

Which brings me onto another little earner, baby sitting. Lets be frank this is not tedious, as long as they stay asleep, but once they wake up it can become quite unnerving, so not something I recommend if you are faint of heart. However, not everyone has the same ideas of babies. My little baby is a Burman cat! I am lucky enough to have a neighbour with cats, we exchange the job of "baby" sitting each other's moggies when we go away, which happily never seems to coincide. The point is, I don't want to put her into a cattery and will happily pay someone to look after her and the house. Once again put a card in your local shop or try an advert in your local free paper. Worth a shot!

So what about estate agents? Well as we all know they are starting to feel the pinch. So I wondered what other professions they could take up? I am a great fan of Wallace and Grommit, so cheese always comes to mind. I thought, how about going into cheese making too as a business, everyone eats cheese don't they. Instead of micro breweries (which are springing up every where) we could encourage cheeseries (did I make that word up?) So here's a link to an excellent cheese recipe site. Fill your boots.